Sunday, March 8, 2009

INSEPARABLE TWO

You both came into my life when the going was
tough. My heart you've both touched, I would've
never rebutted. Your kicks were surmountable
and I sometimes wonder, when all this discomfort
would ever end; but in the twinkle of an
eye, before it was your time, there came a pop
and I was in shock; the water broke and soon
you both were here, to grace the world with
your lovely presence giving your parents the
most marvelous presents for Christmas and the
New Year. December 17, 1985 was a day to
remember – the day when you both were born,
two of your ancestors gave you the way;
because they died on that very day. Yes
the angels sang and heaven rejoiced that
you both were born on that fateful day.

One tooth each was a troubling sight, though
they said that it was a good sign; that you
both were destined to have foresight; that
all the duppies in the world would not give
you a fright. You both did everything in
unison and and I sometimes felt despaired
about the frequent and doubled chores. But
when you smiled and looked in my eyes;
through the window went all my woes.

Now you are both men and are still the
inseparable two, I hope someday you’ll wed,
giving your wives this memorable gift that
has been bestowed to me. Love abounds in
my heart for you both; inseparable,
twins you are.

Pauline Pounall-Douglas
March 8, 2009

Dedicated to Jaren and Jomar

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete