Saturday, March 7, 2009

EMBRACING MY BLACKNESS

Does my blackness offend you?
Sorry! I’m not about to change
Better yet, it’s virtually impossible.
No bleaching cream can compensate
the struggles my fore parents have
been through; they have given me
this opportunity to be the free person
I am today. Yes even to write this sh..

If you cannot stand to look at me the
way I am; close your eyes, but please
in your envisioning don’t ever think
of me in any other colour than
I really am. Prejudice you might say;
o no! it’s not about that at all.

Its really about embracing my
blackness; loving self; empowering
those who feel the same way I do and
being at peace with the way I look:
round face flat nose and yes, a very
big head that is not full of the
sh.. that some persons of a different
hue or simply thinking that they are,
thinks.

So if my blackness offends you, here
is what you can do: take your
sh.. and shove it in the most
inconceivable part of your pea-size
brain that is so small, it cannot be or
it refuses to rise above the triviality
of skin and not to the intellectuality
of my inner being, cause I’m
BLACK and that's a fact and I'm not
about to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment